Diagnosing what type of acne you have can help a lot with what type of treatment options are best for your skin.
There are 6 main types of acne:
1) Comedones are small skin coloured bumps on the skin, which are either open or closed. If they're open, the bacteria begins to oxidize and you get a blackhead. They're best treated with Salicylic Acid. If they're 'closed' at the surface of the skin, you get a whitehead. These can be treated with glycolic acid.
2) Nodules are hard pimples embedded deep under the skin.
3) Cysts are a painful infection which creates a red inflamed bump under the skin filled with pus. A combination of AHA's, BHA's and hyaluronic acid can help. If they're reoccurring, try eliminating inflammation causing foods and increase your Omegas.
4) Pustules are typically red at the base of the skin, with a yellow or white tip. Again treated with AHA's, Tea Tree or Lactic Acid peels can help.
5) Papules are tender to touch and are bright red or pink. Niacinamide is a good treatment for these or the Activated Charcoal HydroJelly Mask.
If you need help diagnosing 🙋 hi, I'm here to help.
P: 📞 226-545-1115
E: 💌 firstname.lastname@example.org
W: 💻 whitewillowspa.ca